Thanksgiving Turkey Orders & Recipes
All of our turkeys are pasture-raised, without growth hormones or unnecessary antibiotics, by farmers we know and trust.
The result? An unforgettable meal, with a more flavorful turkey that’s better for you, your family, and the environment.
Early Bird Bonanza: We have a very limited quantity of turkeys available for walk-ins now! If you’re looking for a Friendsgiving turkey, or want to pre-game before Thanksgiving, you can pick up one of the following birds. Apologies, we do not have other turkeys available for early pick-up.
• Fleishers Brooklyn: Heritage turkey, Extra Large (20-27 lbs)
• Fleishers Upper East Side: Heritage turkey, Extra Large (20-27 lbs)
• Fleishers Westport: Broad Breasted White turkey, Medium (12-16 lbs)
We have ended online reservations for Thanksgiving. If you’d like a turkey or other holiday meat, please drop by our shops and inquire about availability.
Our 2019 Turkey Menu
Broad Breasted White | $8.99 per pound
• Traditional American turkey at its best, raised to superior standards
• Turkeys processed on farm by farmers
• Familiar and flavorful, with large breasts
• Partner Farms:
Finger Lakes Farms | Seneca Falls, New York
Green Circle Farms | Lancaster Co., Pennsylvania
Heritage Breed | $12.99 per pound
• Heritage stock descended from the breed the Pilgrims ate
• Robust and full-flavored
• Large, meaty legs & thighs
• Partner Farm: Joyce Farms | Kenansville, North Carolina
Kelly Bronze Heritage Breed | $15.99 per pound
• Rare, black-feathered heritage breed, rescued & raised by the Kelly family for three generations
• Forages grubs, berries and nettles
• Hand-plucked; longer hang time develops flavor and increases meat tenderness
• NEW this year: We have XL 15-19 lb Kelly Bronze birds!
• Partner Farm: Kelly Bronze | Crozet, Virginia
The Not-So-Fine Print: Because we work with small farmers who only raise turkeys for Thanksgiving harvest, the exact weights of our turkeys will not be known until harvest. Turkeys are fresh, uncooked and unbrined. (Sorry, we can’t roast your turkey, but we’ll guide you on what to do!)
Turkeys must be picked up at a Fleishers butcher shop between Mon, Nov 25 and Wed, Nov 27. (We are unable to offer delivery for Thanksgiving orders, but this means we can confirm your order is perfect before you leave the shop!) We are CLOSED Nov 28-29. All Thanksgiving orders require a $60 non-refundable deposit per turkey; the remaining balance will be paid when you pick up. We offer turkey spatchcocking for $15 per bird, which you can request in the Order Notes section at checkout.
We have ended online reservations for Thanksgiving. If you’d like a turkey or other holiday meat, please walk-in to our shops and inquire about availability.
How Much Turkey Do I Need?
We work with small farmers who raise turkeys specifically for Thanksgiving, timing the growth of the flock so that they’re just at the right size for holiday harvest. Because of this, we won’t have the exact weight of your bird until the time of checkout. Please select a weight range that works for your party’s size (see our handy portioning guide below).
Complete the Meal
We have Broad-Breasted White turkey parts – split bone-in or boneless breasts and drumsticks – so you can cook the perfect amount of light or dark meat for any size gathering. We also offer turkey stock, turkey brine seasoning, sage sausage, bacon, eggs and more to round out your menu.
Problems placing your holiday order?
If you’re having trouble placing your order online, please call your local shop at 718-971-5331 ext 1. We are available during normal business hours to help you nail your holiday game plan. We’re also available to answer your questions via email. Please allow 24 hours for a response.
Turkey Recipes & Guides
Let’s Cook a Fantastic Turkey
We’ve got you covered with the Essential Turkey Cooking Guide: everything you need to know in one handy print-out. Get our step-by-step instructions on brining, roasting and carving your bird.
Aside from our Essential Turkey Cooking Guide, here are our top picks for turkey recipes. Be sure to ask our butchers for suggestions and tips as well.
One technique for a juicy bird is to brine it. There are two types of brining: wet and dry.
- Wet brining requires submerging a turkey in a salt-water solution of 1:1 cups of salt to gallons of water (herbs, spices, and aromatics can be incorporated) for several hours or overnight, but never for more than 24 hours. Remove your bird from the brine, give it a quick rinse and leave it in the fridge for 24 hours to dry the skin. Baste with clarified butter for ultimate crispy skin and a slightly nutty flavor before popping it in the oven.
- Dry brining involves combining 8-10 Tbsp salt with 2 Tbsp baking powder, rubbing it over the bird and leaving it in the fridge overnight to draw out the moisture. Remember DON’T rinse this brine off before cooking. Just baste with clarified butter and pop it in the oven.
The Key to Great Gravy
Add giblets to your gravy for a flavor boost!
- Chop turkey giblets and season with salt and pepper
- Heat 4 Tbsp butter in a saucepan
- When butter starts to foam, add giblets and cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat
- Stir in a 1/4 cup flour to form a paste and cook for 3 minutes
- Whisk in pan drippings and stock to desired thickness
- Season to taste
Beyond the Bird
No one said you have to get turkey for Thanksgiving! Let us inspire you to celebrate the season with a special cut from something new.