Thanksgiving Turkey Orders & Recipes
Days to Thanksgiving
Online Thanksgiving Orders Have Closed
Contact your local shop to order a turkey
FLEISHERS UPPER EAST SIDE
1325 Third Ave (at 76th St), New York, NY 10021
192 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217
580 Riverside Ave, Westport, CT 06880
160 E. Putnam Ave, Cos Cob, CT 06807
Holiday Hours: All shops will be open from 9 am to their usual closing time Mon 11/20 – Wed 11/22 and will be closed on Thanksgiving Day 11/23 and Fri 11/24.
All of our turkeys are pasture-raised, without growth hormones or unnecessary antibiotics, by farmers we know and trust.
The result? An unforgettable meal, with a more flavorful turkey that’s better for you, your family, and the environment.
Broad Breasted White | $7.99 per pound
• Traditional American turkey at its best, raised to superior standards
• Turkeys processed on farm by farmers
• Familiar and flavorful, with large breasts
• Partner Farms: Autumn’s Harvest | Romulus, New York
Hidden Camp Farm | Canajoharie, New York
Ekonk Hill | Moosup, Connecticut
Heritage Breed | $11.99 per pound
• Heritage breeding stock descended from indigenous North American birds
• Robust and full-flavored
• Large, meaty legs & thighs
• Partner Farm: BN Ranch | Bolinas, California
Kelly Bronze Heritage Breed | $15.99 per pound SOLD OUT
• Rare, black-feathered heritage breed, rescued & raised by the Kelly family for three generations
• Forages grubs, berries and nettles
• Hand-plucked; longer hang time develops flavor and increases meat tenderness
• Partner Farm: Kelly Bronze | Crozet, Virginia (10-14 lb birds only)
The Not-So-Fine Print: All turkeys are fresh (never frozen), uncooked and unbrined. (Sorry, we can’t roast your turkey, but we’ll guide you on what to do!) Turkeys must be picked up at a Fleishers butcher shop between Mon, Nov 20 and Wed, Nov 22. We do NOT mail orders or deliver them. Orders for whole turkeys require a $60 non-refundable deposit per bird; the remaining balance will be paid when you pick up.
Sound good? Don’t wait; we sell out of turkeys every year.
How Much Turkey Do I Need?
We work with small farmers who raise turkeys specifically for Thanksgiving, timing the growth of the flock so that they’re just at the right size for holiday harvest. Because of this, we won’t have the exact weight of your bird until the time of checkout. Please select a weight range that works for your party’s size (see our handy portioning guide below).
Complete the Meal
We have Broad-Breasted White turkey parts – whole bone-in breasts, split bone-in or boneless breasts, and drumstick pairs – from BN Ranch, so you can cook the perfect amount of light or dark meat for any size gathering. We also offer turkey stock, sage sausage, bacon, eggs and more to round out your menu.
Call Our Holiday Hotline
Burning questions? Call our Holiday Hotline at 845-338-6666. Patrick is standing by Monday-Friday during normal business hours to help you nail your holiday game plan. We’re also available to answer your questions via email. Please allow 24 hours for a response.
Turkey Recipes & Guides
Let’s Cook a Fantastic Turkey
We’ve got you covered with the Essential Turkey Cooking Guide: everything you need to know in one handy print-out. Get our step-by-step instructions on brining, roasting and carving your bird.
Aside from our Essential Turkey Cooking Guide, here are our top picks for turkey recipes. Be sure to ask our butchers for suggestions and tips as well.
One technique for a juicy bird is to brine it. To make things simpler, we offer a Turkey Essentials Kit ($15), which includes a heavy-duty brining bag, brining salts and spices, an herb rub, and butcher’s twine, so that you have everything in one place.
- Wet brining requires submerging a turkey in a salt-water solution of 1:1 cups of salt to gallons of water (herbs, spices, and aromatics can be incorporated) for several hours or overnight, but never for more than 24 hours. Remove your bird from the brine, give it a quick rinse and leave it in the fridge for 24 hours to dry the skin. Baste with clarified butter for ultimate crispy skin and a slightly nutty flavor before popping it in the oven.
- Dry brining involves combining 8-10 Tbsp salt with 2 Tbsp baking powder, rubbing it over the bird and leaving it in the fridge overnight to draw out the moisture. Remember DON’T rinse this brine off before cooking. Just baste with clarified butter and pop it in the oven.
The Key to Great Gravy
Add giblets to your gravy for a flavor boost!
- Chop turkey giblets and season with salt and pepper
- Heat 4 Tbsp butter in a saucepan
- When butter starts to foam, add giblets and cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat
- Stir in a 1/4 cup flour to form a paste and cook for 3 minutes
- Whisk in pan drippings and stock to desired thickness
- Season to taste
Beyond the Bird
No one said you have to get turkey for Thanksgiving! Call us and let us inspire you to celebrate the season with a special cut from something new.