Active Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 1 15 - ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 28 - ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand, juices reserved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled feta
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeños; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 8 minutes. Add chickpeas, paprika, and cumin and cook for 2 minutes longer.
Add crushed tomatoes and their juices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle feta evenly over sauce. Crack eggs one at a time and place over sauce, spacing evenly apart.
Transfer skillet to oven and bake until whites are just set but yolks are still runny, 5-8 minutes. Garnish with parsley and cilantro.