Beyond burgers and meatloaf
take 1 lb of ground beef to the next level with a beef bowl
Start with the meat
1. In a bowl, combine raw meat and desired seasonings by hand. Remember to salt generously.
2. Heat your pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Add your cooking fat (we love tallow or lard) followed by any vegetables and cook until translucent and tender.
3. Add the beef, crumbling into the pan and using the back of a spoon to break up larger pieces. Once meat is evenly browned transfer to a bowl, draining off any excess fat.
Get creative with plating
Here’s our inspiration for making a colorful, healthy meal:
EXPERT TIPS FOR THE BEST BURGER
- Cast iron is key. We prefer to grill on a cast iron skillet, keeping the juices and the fat of the burger from dripping through the grill to prevent those pesky flare-ups. Put your cast iron pan on top of the grill and get it nice and hot before you grill.
- To flip or not to flip? Resist the temptation to flip, flip, flip. Let the patty cook fully on one side before turning to the other side!
- It’s all about ingredients (always). No matter what you’re cooking, the better the ingredients the better the result. In addition to top-quality meat, make a restaurant-quality burger by sourcing the best cheese, condiments and buns.