January 11, 2021
An Important Message: Park Slope COVID-19 Update
Dear Valued Fleishers Park Slope Community,
Today, January 11, 2021, we were notified that a Fleishers Park Slope employee has tested positive for COVID-19. The employee is currently quarantining, along with the entire Park Slope staff out of an abundance of precaution. The entirety of the Park Slope staff will additionally be required to produce a negative COVID-19 test before returning to work.
Those identified as having close contact (as defined by the Health Department) with the employee have already been contacted and protocols for our essential workers are being followed. Additionally, we have closed the shop today, January 11, 2021, to deep clean the entire store and staff members from our additional locations will be lending their help so we can continue to serve our Brooklyn community. Please note, during this time we will be closing the shop at 6:00 pm each day to allow our staff to thoroughly deep clean the shop each night.
Furthermore, if you shopped at our Park Slope location between January 9 – 11, 2021, out of abundant caution, please consider getting tested after the 4 day incubation period.
With our customers, employees, and their families at the center of everything we do, we’d like to take the time to address concerns about our COVID-19 safety protocols and our focus on keeping people safe and healthy:
- All staff is required to wear personal protective equipment.
- This includes cloth face coverings and masks that cover the mouth, nose, and chin, and along with the use of disposable gloves.
- Protective shields have been installed around our checkout counter for further precautionary measures for the safety of our customers and staff.
- Our staff diligently follows cleaning and sanitizing routines throughout the day and strictly follows the safety protocols recommended by the NYS public health and regulating authorities.
- All Fleishers’ customers are required to properly wear face masks during the entirety of their shopping experience inside the store.
- If you are not able to wear a mask for medical reasons, we strongly encourage you to place an order for delivery or curbside pickup.
- Only 3 customers are allowed in the shop at a time to allow for proper social distancing.
- As advised since the onset of the pandemic, any employee who had symptoms of COVID-19 followed the guidelines of the CDC or contact the NYS Health Department.
We remain vigilant in enforcing all staff and customers to exercise these safety precautions, so we can maintain a safe work environment and shopping experience.
Thank you for being a loyal Fleishers customer and for your understanding through these unprecedented times.
It is our intent to remain transparent, providing you with the latest information on our operations. We are privileged to serve you and the community.
The Fleishers Park Slope Team
Have questions? Please don’t hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Thank you.